His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander and First Deputy Prime Minister today welcomed this year’s recipients of the Crown Prince’s International Scholarship Program (CPISP), at Riffa Palace.
During the meeting, HRH the Crown Prince affirmed that investing in Bahrain's youth is an important element of the Kingdom’s efforts to help drive sustainable development as part of Bahrain’s comprehensive development, led by HM King Hamad.
HRH the Crown Prince went on to highlight the significant achievements of the CPISP, stressing that the program, which is now in its 20th edition, continues to deliver educational opportunities at world-class academic institutions for remarkable Bahraini students.
HRH the Crown Prince concluded by expressing his appreciation for all who continue to support the CPISP and extended his congratulations to the students for meeting the program's rigorous standards.
The recipients of 2019 CPISP scholarships are as follows:
• Abdulla Moosa Ali - International School of Choueifat
• Ali Farouk Al Ekri – St. Christopher’s School
• Yasmeen Nabeel Nooruddin – Ibn Khuldoon National School
• Zain Mohammed Zainal – AbdulRahman Kanoo International School
• Ahmed Ebrahim Ali – Shaikh Abdul Aziz Bin Mohammed Al Khalifa Boys Secondary School
• Ahmed Hussain Salman - Al Naeem Secondary School
• Hassan Tariq Al Qassab - Shaikh Abdul Aziz Bin Mohammed Al Khalifa Boys Secondary School
• Fatima Mohammed Abdulla – Saar Secondary Girls School
• Leen Mazen Al Nsour - Al Maariffa Secondary Girls School
• Sara Saeed Mohammed – Muharraq Secondary Girls School
Recipients were selected from among 420 Bahraini applicants following a comprehensive process that took into account their Grade Point Average, IELTS score, SAT score, leadership training, and a critical thinking course, which were organized by the CPISP as part of the candidacy training.The CPISP offers scholarship recipients the opportunity to choose their own fields of study at any university they gain acceptance to. The program has awarded a total of 187 university scholarships since its establishment in 1999 by HRH the Crown Prince.