His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander and First Deputy Prime Minister today welcomed this year’s recipients of the Crown Prince’s International Scholarship Program (CPISP), at Riffa Palace.
HRH the Crown Prince highlighted the importance of investing in Bahrain’s youth to help drive sustainable development and secure future prosperity. HRH the Crown Prince pointed out that young people are Bahrain’s greatest source of future wealth, noting the important role they play within the Kingdom’s ongoing comprehensive development program, led by His Majesty King Hamad.
HRH the Crown Prince went on to detail the significant achievements of the CPISP, and explained that the program, now in its 19th iteration, continues to deliver educational opportunities at world-class institutions for exceptional Bahraini students.
Later, HRH the Crown Prince expressed his gratitude to all the organisations that continue to support the work and objectives of the CPISP and extended his congratulations to the students for meeting the rigorous standards of the Scholarship Programme application process.
HRH the Crown Prince also congratulated the students’ parents, praising the unwavering support and commitment they had already demonstrated to their children’s educational development. HRH the Crown Prince also extended his thanks and appreciation to the staff of the CPISP for the important role they play liaising with internationally renowned organisations and supporting the students from enrolment through to graduation.
The recipients of 2018 CPISP scholarships are as follows:
• Faisal Yousif Fakhro / Bahrain School
• Fares Omran Hasan / Thomas A. Edison High School (USA)
• Zain Khaled Al Sakhi / Bahrain Bayan School
• Ghada Fadhel Al Shehabi / St. Christopher’s School
• Abdullah Faroogh Ahmedi / Al Hidaya Al Khalifiya Secondary Boys School
• Hasan Fuad Abdulla Ali / Al Hidaya Al Khalifiya Secondary Boys School
• Mahmood Mohamed Al Madeh / Sheikh Abdulaziz Bin Mohammed Secondary Boys School
• Alia Younis Hamad Abdulla / Ghazi Al Qosaibi Secondary Girls School
• Kawthar Hasan Al Noaimi / Omaima Bint Al Noaman Secondary Girls School
• Zainab Ahmed Ali Naser / Al Wafa Secondary Girls School
The 2018 scholarship recipients were selected from among 400 Bahraini students from domestic governmental and private schools, as well as applicants studying overseas. The final selection criteria included their Grade Point Average, as well as the results of IELTS and SAT examinations, leadership training, and a critical thinking course, which were organized by the CPISP as part of the candidacy training last year.
The CPISP offers scholarship recipients the opportunity to choose their own fields of study at any university they gain acceptance to. The Program has awarded a total of 166 university scholarships to outstanding Bahraini students since its establishment in 1999 by HRH the Crown Prince.