The Crown Prince’s International Scholarship Program (CPISP) announced the winners of its 2016 scholarships, who make up the Program’s 17th Group of scholars, and who include the following students:
- Husain Ali Altaraif / Sh. Abdulaziz Al Khalifa Boys School
- Sara Husain Nasaif / Hamad Town Secondary Girls School
- Abdullah Marwan Zaini / Bahrain Bayan School
- Yasmeen Hassan Jassim / St. Christopher’s School
- Sayed Hashem Hadi Alaali / Sh. Abdulaziz Al Khalifa Boys School
- Noor Ayoob Alsairafi / Al Noor Secondary Girls School
- Saif Najeeb Jamsheer / Ibn Khuldoon National School
- Faten Omran Hasan / Thomas Edison High School, USA
- Husain Abdulameer Ali / Naim Secondary Boys School
- Sawsan Sayed Mohamed Alshaiba / Saar Secondary Girls School
The 2016 scholarship recipients were selected among 321 Bahraini applicants from governmental and private schools in and outside of Bahrain who met the Program’s qualifying application criteria. The final selection criteria included their Grade Point Average, as well as the results of the IELTS and SAT examinations, leadership training, and the Critical Thinking course, which were organized by the CPISP as part of the candidacy training last year.
This group of outstanding scholarship recipients includes one student who obtained a full score on his SAT – Math examination.
The CPISP gives its scholarship recipients the opportunity to choose their own fields of study from international universities of their choice that they gain acceptance to. The Program has awarded a total of 166 university scholarships to outstanding Bahraini students since its establishment in 1999 by HRH the Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander, and First Deputy Prime Minister, Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa.